Put your community in the picture and be in to win!
We’re looking for photos, paintings, drawings or any artworks that best depicts an example of a thriving and flourishing community. The winners will not only win a cash prize but their work would be used to illustrate the council’s strategic action plan on its support to communities.
The strategic action plan, which will be released in June 2013, will look at how council will support Auckland’s diverse communities to thrive and flourish. To get a copy of the ‘Thriving Communities’ Discussion Document, contact email@example.com or visit www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz
What are we looking for?
It could be a photo of your local market on a Saturday morning, a street BBQ, a community working-bee in a local area – the ways in which thriving and flourishing communities could be represented are endless!
What can you win?
The top three entries will win cash prizes, plus we will feature your image in the final strategic action plan and credit your work.
- · Winner: $600
- · Second prize: $300
- · Third prize: $100
How to enter
Email your jpeg file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 14 January 2013. Include your name, a contact phone number, title of your image, caption and confirmation that you have the necessary permissions if applicable (see terms and conditions below).
The selection process
Mayor Len Brown and Deputy Mayor Councillor Penny Hulse will select their top eight entries, which will then be voted on by the public during the consultation phase of the draft strategic plan in February and March 2013. The top three entries chosen by the public will win the cash prizes and could be featured in the publication.
- · All entries should be high resolution photos in a jpeg format from a 12 mega-pixel (2900 pixels high x 4300 pixels wide) full frame Digital SLR camera. If submitting artworks, please send a photo of the work for judging.
- · All images should be portrait shape.
- · File size between 3-5MB.
TIP: You may want to use a flash if the image is taken indoors (preferably bounced). The image can be of any form of artwork e.g. photo, drawing, painting, graphics etc.
Terms and conditions
1. You may submit as many entries as you like.
2. Entries must be received by 5pm, Friday 14 January 2013 by email.
3. Any entrants under the age of 16 must confirm in the email that they have a guardian’s consent to enter the competition. Please provide a guardian’s contact details.
4. You must have the permission (and contact details) of any persons featured in your entry that are clearly identifiable. These people must give permissions to use their image.
5. By entering the competition you acknowledge that the image becomes the property of Auckland Council and if the image doesn’t win a prize, we may still use your image in any publication without payment or other consideration.
6. Entries will not be returned so please do not send originals.
7. Auckland Council staff will hold your personal details only for the purposes of the competition, and will use these personal details only to contact successful entrants. You have the right to access and correct any personal information held.
Nâku noa, nâ
Tania Pouwhare | Principal Policy Analyst
Regional Strategy, Community and Cultural Policy
Ph 09 365 3058 | Extn (49) 6058 | Mobile 021 223 7491
Auckland Council, Level 3 South, Bledisloe House, 24 Wellesley Street, Auckland
Visit our website: www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz