Auckland Council are inviting creatives of Pacific heritage to submit ideas as part of a new Pacific arts programme to be launched in 2018.
The kaupapa of the programme is to showcase urban Pacific expression and creativity from Tāmaki Makaurau – and to share it with the world.
Intended Outcomes Of The Project:
– Create a platform to showcase work by Pacific artists and producers.
– Contribute to creating a flourishing and sustainable Pacific arts ecology.
– Encourage inter-generational and cross-art form collaboration to build capability and enable experimentation among Pacific producers.
– Create dialogue within the sector and between audiences and artists.
– Be driven by Pacific values.
We’re looking to feature a range of projects across the Auckland region. We welcome bold, new ideas from practitioners and organisations across all creative genres.
What They’re Looking For:
– A single ‘big idea’ or concept, that will have a high impact on audiences and communities, including youth.
– Takes place in public space.
– Is highly engaging for audiences in real time and online.
– Represents and/or reflects Tāmaki Makaurau.
– Is created and produced by creatives of Pacific heritage.
– Is original new work and not happening anywhere else.
Application Deadlines: Monday 26 February 2018.